TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind 

News    Articles    ***Forum***    Jewels    About   

SOFTWARE ROT HAS STRUCK - POSTING NOT WORKING NOW - UNDER INVESTIGATION  

Welcome Guest on 23 January 2017. 
If you wish to join the forum send a short email containing a couple of sentences explaining your interests (nothing fancy, just sufficient to indicate that you are not a spammer) and your preferred username to: applications AT ttem.org

Username: Password:
Home  
TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind  |  Mind  |  Other-Esoteric, Shamanisms & Miscellaneous  |  Topic: Finding Bona Fide Shamanic Training 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »

Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Finding Bona Fide Shamanic Training  (Read 22857 times)
Dedroidify

Email
Finding Bona Fide Shamanic Training
« on: 06 February 2007 »

I found someone in my own town who does reiki and shamanic healing, I'll try the reiki first and if I feel comfortable with the lady I might go for a shamanic healing. Especially after reading this thread.
Myeegan

Re: Soul Retrieval
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2007 »

Hi all, please be cautious about people claiming to be shaman (well in the context of teaching native american teachings anyway) as there are a considerable amount of people out there who have questionable credentials.
Here is a link to a website where many questionable persons are listed. I would not trust completely that they are fake's nor that they are legit, but if they are on this site there is probable reason to think about one's interactions with them.
My use of words is not so good today, as the above seems quite klunky, I hope you get the idea though, please forgive the poor writing skills.

http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=fd2670b86a9eae8c3533570c177ec26b&

Mitakuye Oyasin.
Tracey
Hero

« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2007 »

Hi Myeegan,

So good to see you again Happy

I went to the web site and found the Wellspring Center in Connecticut.  I live in Connecticut and have heard some people say they are taking classes there.  I know of one store locally that advertises for them. Thank you for the info as I will know to steer clear if something feels fishy.

Have you heard of the Rocky Mountain Mystery School?  I know of 2 people taking classes there and they seem very happy with it but I don't know much about them.  They have a nice web site and they are very expensive.

Tracey

You Shine!
Myeegan

« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2007 »

Hi Tracey, good to be here. Been so very busy at work it is terrible.
I have never heard of the rocky mountain mystery school, send me their url I would love to check it out. I like the name.
How have you been, I have missed everyone here and on the reiki site.
Myeegan

Mitakuye Oyasin.
Dedroidify

Email
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2007 »

And I would like to warn you for not trusting these so called fraud-exposers too much either,

For instance, Ian Lungold is mentioned simply cause he's an ex-scientologist, this is ridiculous - hey I used to be an atheist DON'T TRUST ME! :p
I think Ian Lungold did a great job lecturing on Calleman's Mayan Calender theories, may he RIP.
Christ if anything someone's past is NOT the way to judge them, how many spiritually profound people have come from the lowest of depths, if I ever get around to teaching and they delve out my past I'd get discredited too, it's that past that propelled so many of us to a greater future!

Hopi Ear Candles are listed too and my energy healer uses this and I know she's not a fraud, though I haven't tried the treatment and know squatt about it, though I'm sorry to say I'm not very interested and will not investigate further or try it. There's just something too hilarious about saying you've tried an ear candles method :p Too many other fun practices out there so my apologies on my weird stance on this but I just wanted to mention it.

It seems a lot of posts on that site are related to mere ignorance of the cases involved. I agree there are a lot of frauds out there which is a shame cause there isn't any lower to go than using spirituality as fraud, well, there's always politics I guess :p BUT - be careful and don't believe anything you read that goes for the "fraud-exposers" aswell.
Tracey
Hero

« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2007 »

Good point, D.  Many people can have a chip on their shoulders from a bad experiecne or from an experience they didn't meet theri expectations.

I learned ear candling in massage school and find it a great way to clean out my son's ears.  He has very narrow ear canals and gets alot of wax build up.  I would rather ear candle than to pay a doctor to do a warm water lavage.  It is not for everyone, but what is.

I like the fact that you won't judge people based on their past cuz I am sure many of us would not hold up and that goes for me too.

Myeegan,  On a separate note, could you post a thread, if you have the time and knowledge, about being tested in the (I think they are called) underworlds in terms of Shamanism?

Warm hugs to welcome you,
Tracey

You Shine!
Myeegan

« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2007 »

Perhaps I did not make my perspective clear, so I will attempt to clarify for some.

The site that I posted is run by native american people, the participants are native american people. I do not take this site as absolute, nor do I recommend anyone else to. My view is quite simple, if someone is listed here, be wary. Doesn't mean that they are complete frauds (in my view) it means be wary. Some native people feel, believe, or know that the person listed is trying to make money by selling themselves off as native, or by selling questionable "native" teachings / ceremonies or such that may not be native at all and could be unhealthy and or dangerous.

I looked up Ian Lungold and found that he is certainly listed for being suspected of being fraudulant because the people who put him there felt that he was trying to pass himself off as native, and trying to make money because of that. There was a note on the bottom of the list saying that he was connected with scientology, conspiracy stuff, chem trails etc...  Were he to have some indication that the monies from the sale of his calendars etc.. benifit the mayan people somehow his name probably would not be there.

Whether his being a fraud is true or not, I don't know, but having to live where the accepted history of my people is written by non natives with not so well hidden biases I can certainly understand the necessity of this site. Many (mostly non native) people have been taken in by crooks saying that their great grandmother was a cherokee princess shaman and selling some gobblegook as native teachings.
Several people have gotten hurt as well in the past couple of years doing "nuage" "native style" ceremonies.
This is my motivation for posting this. I would not like to hear about one of my friends at ttem who lost their money or health to some fakir waving a native american flag.

Hi Tracey warm hugs back to you. I have no idea on what you are asking of me, please try to explain a bit further for my simple mind. Underworlds?? Testing??
I'll help you any way I can.

Mitakuye Oyasin.
Dedroidify

Email
« Reply #7 on: 23 February 2007 »

I understood you fine I'm just making my own related points Wink

Not to beat a dead horse (is that even a correct expression lol) but I'd just like to add that
* scientology doesn't make me not trust somebody, near the entire cast of My name is earl are scientologists and they are spreading an excellent message, though it is funny (scientology and the show lol)
* if anything conspiracy researchers gain my respect, sure some are paranoid, but who's the authority on which conspiracies are paranoid? A lot of people today are asking questions where the (controlled? yup) media is not allowed or too cowardly to venture
* I don't know much about chemtrails but I think it's connected to HAARP and if it's true would need to be taken seriously. again, no judgement here
* selling mayan calenders is kinda silly, but again who's the authority on which ones are correct, Calleman's theories are just as valid as Jenkins, Cotterell or anyone
* though selling yourself as a native when you are not obviously blows
What it comes down to is Ian lectured in what he believed and spread the knowledge of the evolution of consciousness and the mayan calender so I respect him for that, about the rest one cannot be sure. Either way he's dead so it doesn't matter much, and if it helps I'd say that I thought Ian didn't have a very centered personality when lecturing either Wink So it sure is possible he read some book and tried to make some easy money, the lecturing at least was spreading good knowledge.

What I find weird too is that hopi ear candles are listed while tracey with her own native blood uses it, could anyone clarify further if this really is/was a hopi tradition? Or is it something new age? Tracey learned it in massage school.

Then, spending money is not the best way to progress on the spiritual path Wink some people need lessons in who they can trust, I know I'm bending off the ridiculous here lol but I'm just sharing some points I think are valid in this discussion.

Finally, thanks for posting the site though, I know I came off a little exaggerated but I just wanted to share some thoughts, please don't take it personally. It's always great to know who are seen as dubious by others and I'm glad I only found two debatable points. Smiley
« Last Edit: 23 February 2007 by Admin » Logged
Admin
Administrator

Re: Finding Bona Fide Shamanic Training
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2007 »

Myeegan

Hey great to see you alive and well man  grin

Thanks for adding that resource - as you say these days all sorts of folks are trying to pass themselves off as all sorts of things in all sorts of traditions.

Like all resources - including TTEM - no website contains 100% truth on anything so I see little point in debating whether one small part of it happens to be accurate or not... even were it to be [/i]completely[/i] inaccurate about this one gentleman (whom I assume neither of you guys have ever met) it would still not mean that it isnt very accurate and helpful about others and might save someone from wasting money and more one day.

It is interesting to note given the recent thread on non bona-fide gurus in other traditions that this whole subject can get very emotive... all of us have teachers who we like and respect and feel some duty to defend... of course in practice all folks are human and very few lack any flaw.

Based on my experience with Chinese and Buddhist cultures its really hard to find the "real deal"... there are plenty out there selling corrupted and debased stuff... and also its no real proof of knowledge to find a "real native" - taking the Chinese there are 1billion of them.  Also in this context I have learned a lot form Burgs (an Englishman) about qigong - he knows far more than at least 99.99% of Chinese do about qigong.

In a shamanic context both Wolfie and Barry have learned a lot from Tom Brown Jnr (I assume a "white man"?!?).

Anyway long story short - its hard work finding the really good teachers... lots of frauds out there.... lots of teachers neither completely right in all respects nor completely wrong in all respects.

Anyway good teacher, bad teacher, native american or european, fraud or genuine all folks hearts are red, all folks wish to be happy.

May all beings be well, peaceful and happy!

Mike

Remember when you were young...
Myeegan

Re: Finding Bona Fide Shamanic Training
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2007 »

Somebody wise once (maybe more than once) said that knowledge and experience could be gained from everything in life.
It is good to know what others are thinking about people though, in the not so far past people would gather together to share, meeting people individually and in groups provides some great perspectives on people. Now using the internet, we get to meet and share with people all over the world which is wonderfull, but does not provide the exposure to others, we have to rely on what is written on the websites unless we know someone who has participated, then we have one additional perspective.  Sometimes it is good to have more.
I was in Mexico last year, We toured the ruins of Chichen itza and Coba, spent time in the villages near the ruins, visited with the people there. Had a wonderfull time.
I learned about the mayan calender, I learned about the mayan roads and some of the places they go. I learned about how to cultivate crops in the thin soil of the Yucatan peninsula, I learned how the mayan people kept their language for the past many years since the spanish invaded, but now they are loosing it because of tourism and tv etc.. their world is in a point of major change, the people are changing, their world views are changing, their community views are changing. It is a bittersweet time for them. At the ruins one could purchase a custom mayan calender for whatever particular date you would like from one of several sources. One source the money does not stay in the community, part of it goes to the person who convinced you to buy there, the rest goes out of the area. Annother source is run by the conservation authority that runs the ruins, most of the money stays in the area. Both of these calenders look exactly the same but one puts food in someone's mouth today, the other does not, both of the groups of people where you purchase them are sincere.
One must be aware that things like this happen so that one can inquire with the right questions to decide where their money would be better spent. If one cares to do that. One must know the appropriate questions and responses to tell them the truth.
If I know where I am, and how I got here I feel that I have a pretty good chance of making my next step on solid ground. I do not want to find myself three steps past the end of the pier wondering how I got here (woke up in enough strange places when I drank)
« Last Edit: 23 February 2007 by Myeegan » Logged

Mitakuye Oyasin.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind  |  Mind  |  Other-Esoteric, Shamanisms & Miscellaneous  |  Topic: Finding Bona Fide Shamanic Training « previous next »

Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.16.
© 2005, Simple Machines LLC. All Rights Reserved.