TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind 

News    Articles    ***Forum***    Jewels    About   

SOFTWARE ROT HAS STRUCK - POSTING NOT WORKING NOW - UNDER INVESTIGATION  

Home  
TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind  |  Mind  |  Dhamma & Dao  |  Topic: Luang Por Sumedho - UK Visit 2014 for 80th Birthday - Talks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Luang Por Sumedho - UK Visit 2014 for 80th Birthday - Talks  (Read 1615 times)
Mike
Superhero

Luang Por Sumedho - UK Visit 2014 for 80th Birthday - Talks
« on: 05 September 2014 »

I almost missed this  Uh? Uh? Uh? aaargh - fortunately fate found me the day before the great man left and had chance to go up there (with a friend who played rugby with Ajahn Amaro (the new abbot) at school (!)).  Great to see him and some interesting snips for another time.

Anyway for anyone who would like to meet him but missed the visit I believe he is back in November.

Here is the conversation I went to about the founding of Amaravati with George Sharp (of the English Sangha Trust who had the money to get the whole thing off the ground). I didn't know that one of the reasons for choosing Amaravati ("deathless realm") was due to all the worries at the time of nuclear war...  There's also a great story I wont spoil where Ajahn Amaro tells Ajahn Sumedho something about the name and AjS turns white - why you will have to find out.

http://feeds.amaravati.org/dhammatalks7/Amaravati_140801_Amaravati_30_Years_Interview_with_Ajahn_Sumedho,_Ajahn_Amaro_and_George_Sharp_ABM2014.mp3

Plenty more dhamma talks he gave at: http://www.amaravati.org/teachings/audio_compilation/1963

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Pages: [1] Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind  |  Mind  |  Dhamma & Dao  |  Topic: Luang Por Sumedho - UK Visit 2014 for 80th Birthday - Talks « previous next »

Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.16.
© 2005, Simple Machines LLC. All Rights Reserved.