TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind 

News    Articles    ***Forum***    Jewels    About   

SOFTWARE ROT HAS STRUCK - POSTING NOT WORKING NOW - UNDER INVESTIGATION  

Home  
TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind  |  The Forum  |  Meet the Members & Forum Stuff  |  Topic: Mike's New Podcast Launches Today! 0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mike's New Podcast Launches Today!  (Read 1511 times)
Mike
Superhero

Mike's New Podcast Launches Today!
« on: 10 July 2014 »

Today I am finally launching my new podcast smiley

London recently had a tech week - over 200 events. Made the front of the Evening Standard. At an event I went to the Deputy Mayor in charge of business said that the Mayor (and the Government - a rare coming together of views wink) would love UK tech to be larger than the City in economic importance in 5yrs. The largest area of Tech - in which the UK is one of the world leaders - is internet startups taking on Financial Services - FinTech.

This might sound a bit niche - and from one angle it is.  From another though did you know that you can transfer money between countries 10x cheaper and immediately (cf 3-4days normally) through an internet company founded by Skypes first employee?  They have done over a billion dollars of business already. A couple of my younger friends are raising six-figure funds for their businesses (and very tax efficiently for the investors) using the interweb not banks. You can now manage your money far far cheaper on the internet.

Etc etc. The list goes on. But the point is this new "FinTech" sector isn't as niche as it sounds - or soon won't be. We all have to use finance.  In future we will use the FinTech equivalents of Amazon, Google, Facebook.  Undoubtedly this will be cheaper and easier. Who will these companies be? How fast will changes take place? Who are the people driving these changes?

This is the topic of my new podcast - the first dedicated to this topic - www.LondonFintechPodcast.com - I will interview folks about their personal journey (we all like to hear the human interest angle...), their company/take, and their views on where FinTech is going.

The only thing was - despite the epochal shift and once in a lifetime outpouring of creative energy to disrupt a stale old industry - in recent surveys I conducted, 9/10 City folks hadn't heard of fintech (!). In a group of 50 entrepreneurs 75% hadn't heard (!) So the first episode is a 30,000 feet overview of the sector.  What is fintech? How big is it? Why is it important? Why is it happening now?

It's not as dull as it sounds grin we all need finance whether to invest or borrow or just pay! An architect friend of mine loved the first episode, a 30yo tech COO thought it was "really, really good", a journalist chum enjoyed it (which I took as a real compliment) and another friend was so interested in this new FinTech gold rush they are now looking at getting a job in the sector! Suffice to say some of the most interesting and liberated (of the BigCo shackles) folks I have met in a long time are working in the sector.

Now can I ask for your help?  [no worries if you are too busy - I know what email/work/life tsunamis feel like myself - we are all overloaded].  I need to spread the word (no vast launch budgets here):

1. can you pass this message to chums of yours that might be interested?
2. do you know any press or PR folks who might be interested?
3. do you know any folks in this sector I could interview who are interesting talkers and have a good tale to tell? [I want the podcast to "educate and entertain"]
4. can you retweet any of my launch tweets? @LondonFinTech
5. can you like/reply to the LinkedIn announcement?

Any and all help is most appreciated.  This is actually a pro bono project - not looking to make any money (rather it takes a lot of time and effort).  Rather I am just putting this out there to try and increase the size of the cake for all.  At some point I aim to find my commercial niche in it.  Having got 35yrs tech, 30yrs Financial Services experience and having plenty of experience of innovation/change - there should be a place for me somewhere smiley

Have a great day. 

Mike

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Mike
Superhero

Re: Mike's New Podcast 2nd episode now released!
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2014 »

2nd Epsiode out now smiley

[after a million hours editing out ums - on a TTEM point its interesting to note how the brain edits our experience.  Just as the brain filters out blinking (we dont see dark flashes) it filters out ums - I never noticed any when I did the interview. For some reason though when one is listening to an mp3 they stand out a mile sad

I wonder what else the brain filters out? wink]

LFP002 – Innovation Matchmaking with Warren Bond of matchi.biz

Matching/dating innovation sellers and innovation buyers smiley

Also on the social concern front we discuss Warrens Sout Africa "Sport for All" social enterprise which is now in 18 townships.

Cool dude [amd that's just him  Happy]

Mike

VALUE CLEAR SPACE...

Pages: [1] Print 
TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind  |  The Forum  |  Meet the Members & Forum Stuff  |  Topic: Mike's New Podcast Launches Today! « previous next »

Jump to:  

TTEM - Transformational Tools for Body Energy and Mind | Powered by SMF 1.0.16.
© 2005, Simple Machines LLC. All Rights Reserved.